- “How you think about a problem is more important than the problem itself. So always think positively.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale
- "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." ~ William Durant
- "Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~ John Wooden
- "This day is all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on the yesterdays." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau
- You may encounter defeats, but you must not be defeated. ~ Maya Angelou
- "Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Happy Quotes, Sayings and Words About Smiles and Laughter
A smile or laugh goes a long way toward making someone’s day. Adding these sayings to cards, notes or gift cards will be sure to bring someone good cheer.
- “There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all.” ~ Anonymous
- The earth laughs in flowers. ~ e. e. cummings
- "There are no language barriers when you are smiling." ~ Allen Klein
- "A good laugh is sunshine in a house." ~ William Makepeace Thackeray
- "Let a series of happy thoughts run through your mind. They will show on your face." ~ Unknown
Uplifting Quotations and Words About Living Life, Love, and Joy
There is a daily need for one to be reminded to live a life full of hope. Favorite quotations can be inspirational positive reinforcement, a source of encouragement, and great reminders. Many of these are also good to tweet on Twitter.
- "I am not afraid of storms, I am learning to sail my own ship." ~ Louise May Alcott
- "How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." ~ Annie Dillard
- "Follow your bliss." ~ Joseph Campbell
- "Happiness and love are just a choice away." ~ Leo Buscaglia
- "Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The best thing about being a woman, is the prerogative to have a little fun!” ~ Shania Twain
- "Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly." ~ G.K. Chesterton
- "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." ~ Chinese Saying
- “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss
- Forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, just harness your power to your passion. ~ Oprah
- “I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” ~ Arthur Rubinstein
- "To reach a port, we must sail ~ sail, not tie at anchor ~ sail, not drift." ~ Franklin Delano Roosevelt
For more Suite 101 quote articles, see:
Quote of Encouragement by Michael J. Fox
Some quotations are especially touching and are passed on from person to person. The following quote from actor (and founder of The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research) Michael J. Fox is one that is good for such sharing and reminds one that while we can aim for excellence, perfection is not necessarily the best goal:
- "I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business."
This quote is both encouraging, uplifting, and humbling.